View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #6
feminvstr
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashasmom
I know this was discussed before but I didn't really understand it. I am THINKING not sure yet about shipping. Can you tell me how this is done? There is a lady in California that wants one of my pups and I"ve never shipped before so it would be from Indiana to there. So if I do decide to how is it done and have you had success with shipping..any and all comments would be helpful Thanks
Shipping I've had very good success.

I will only book direct flights for puppies, adults I have had slight layovers with no problems. You can't book more than 10 days in advance and all airlines require a health certificate. Some states require a rabies shot at 3 months I have my vet write on the certificate too young for rabies.

I always ship with nurtical, food, water, toy and warm blanket. Not all airlines accept "live cargo" one I have used in your area shipping Cappie to and from Indiana to Oregon was delta and also continental. Airlines request the pup two hours before the flight at the cargo counter, Ive always called in advance and they have let me bring them in up to a hour before the flight, I stay, play with them until they leave my sight and board the truck to the plane. I request the pup's new family to call the moment they arrive at cargo, I worry every time but pups have always lept out of their crate with kisses to greet their families.

I hope this helps
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!