View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:39 AM   #1
Ivy Lucille
♥♥beats @ my feet!
Donating Member

Default A dilemna: Vacation/camping in June

I am struggling with something and I just don't know what to do about it. Mayzie is 5 months old this coming Sat. When I got her I just assumed that I would be taking her with us on our vacation. We go to the beach and Camp at a campground for a week. My problem is that I am scared to death of her getting stolen when I have to leave her. We have a pop up camper so even if the door is locked...duh undo the velcro and you're in! There are times that I will not be able to take her with me. At that time of the year dogs are not permitted on the beach/boardwalk. I have 2 kids (9 and13) and so we do different things during the day since this is our vacation. The people that we camp next two and have been for the last 7 years bring their 2 dogs but they are big and they have a huge crate that they lock and there is no way that anybody is going to pick up that cage and throw it in their vehicle. I am running out of ideas of people to ask to sit with her that week. I do have one option but my husband is not real comfortable with it because if Mayzie darts out their door (which she does here) she will be on a deadly highway (nicknamed "highway to heaven" no kidding). I hate the thought of a kennel--actually it's just out of the question-I would rather just stay home than that. What would/do any of you campers do in this situation?
Ivy Lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!