View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
Tauni
Senior Yorkie Talker

Embarassed expecting or not??

I have 3 yorkies, 2 girls sisters and 1 boy not related. I keep all three together in a pen when I am not with them. The girls just turned 1 on March 15th. I plan to breed them eventually. I have been keeping an eye on the girls since 6 months to note their 1st heat. It has never come. Then on March 24 when we got home from work and my daughter let them out of the pen and the males thing was way out!!! It seemed huge compared to him. He just sat and shook with it out. He looked scared. LOL I had no idea how long he had been like this. I had my daughter run some cool water in the tub and put him in it. I then put him in a seperate pen and kept him away from the girls. I thought they were just going into heat. No sign of any discharge. I keep plain paper in their pen and nothing. He is going crazy wanting to get to them. When he is out and they are penned he sits by the pen. The next Sat. he seems to have no intrest in them. I watch him all day and he wants nothing to do with them. I never saw any discharge. I have read that sometime the first heat is not complete, so I think that is what happened. Now two weeks later they seem to be a little chubbier. Before their chests where flat, now their nipples are popping out. They seem to fight with him when they never did before. They seem to be eating more. Is this because they are growing up or could they be expecting? What are some of the first signs?? Can any tests be done this early? Would it be possible for them to both go into heat at the same time with no signs??

Thanks for all you help
Tauni
Tauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!