Thread: Teeth?!?!
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
Kizzys Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughinGoose
Hello Yorkie lovers,

I have a question for all of you Yorkie parents....

I have a friend that bought a yorkie baby girl she turn 8 weeks yesterday... this is the thing... her baby teeth aren't all grown... just starting to pierce her gum... is that "NORMAL"

With no teeth .. her tongue always sticking out... precious !!!! but my friend is worried. She's a bigger yorkie... at 7 weeks she weighd in at 2.4 pounds.

What do you think?
Kizzy had no teeth when I got her at 6 wks old. She had now cut a couple of jaw teeth and a few of her upper front ones are in, her bottom front ones are gradually coming in, I can see some in the gums and feel a little edge of some. But when she got her 2nd jaw tooth, that morning i could feel it but that evening it was like a lil lump on her gum , her gum had swelled back over it but the next few days it was all fine. She is now 11 weeks old. I give her cheerios for treats and i break one in half and she chews still for a minute or so. But she eats dry food. Off and on I will soften it a bit in between the dry and that works well for her. She eats good. So I dont think its that abnormal as my vet said some dont start cutting teeth untill between 6 and 8 weeks old. Hope this makes you feel better. Goodluck.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!