Thread: Coyote
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 06:30 AM   #1
MoGraceLiz
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Coyote

We had a visit from a large coyote last night. Molly was in the bedroom giving birth, when we heard Grace and Mo barking uncontrollably. We have a dog door connected to our patio door and a deck enclosed by chain link fence. I went to investigate and low and behold there stood a big coyote just on the other side of the fence. Of course, Grace wasn't about to give in and I was so afraid because the coyote didn't seem to be bothered by the continual barking and me yelling for Tim to hurry with the gun. I grabbed Mo by the scruff of the neck (something I've never done before) and screamed to Grace to get inside. Tim came running not knowing what he was going to find and got one shot off. He missed, and then the coyote ran in the pasture and started chasing the horses. Tim finally ran it off with the 4-wheeler. I couldn't believe it got so close to all of us, especially with all the commotion. We have lots of rabbits this spring and it was probably just coming down for one of them....I don't think it was rabid. Now I'm afraid to let the dogs out on the deck unsupervised.

By the way, Molly had one little girl and one little boy. Mommy and babies are doing fine, I'll get pictures soon. They are just adorable. Boy was it a long night.

www.simplyyorkies.com
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!