Thread: Help Please!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

If I take my pup (7 months plus & when he was younger) outside every hour and a half to two hours, he almost never pees inside.

When he finally settles down for the night, I just put a belly band on him, and let him sleep away. Even with the belly band on - my pup, like a lot of pups, almost never pees during the night. But - it is definitely the right time to take him out when he first wakes up.

When it was colder (real winter - snowy and freezing ) -- I'd put a coat on him to go outside. But, now, even though it is wet, rainy, and cold, he doesn't need to wear a coat to go out for a few minutes.

I know pups are different, but mine has never minded going out in the cold. He loves being outside when it's snowing, freezing, raining - or whatever!
Last night, it was cold and rainy, and he definitely did not want to come back in. He fought me every inch of the way. I finally had to just pick him and carry him back into the house.

**** Also, I have really noticed that he can go longer without peeing now that he is a little older. He'll not pee (when he's confined in the kitchen while I work) for 6 or 7 hours sometimes.

BUT - I will admit that if I didn't take him outside often --he pee in the house. He sees nothing wrong with that! We're working on it!

Good luck! Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!