View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #14
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty
Chicken soup is made by Diamond pet foods so I wouldn't feed it to my dogs if it were the last food on the planet.
Going out on a limb here. I feed Diamond Lamb and Rice. Yes, it was on the recall list but our state was not listed.

I had my dogs on the Royal Canin Yorkshire brand and they tried to scratch their skins off (one of the first ingredients in RC is CORN). I switched to the Diamond because it has the fatty omega 3 acid in it (great for coat and skin) and the change was remarkable. They no longer itched and they have shiny (not dull) coats.

Royal Canin also had a recall of some of it's pet foods. Death from kidney failure occured as a result of an error in the vitamin formula.

But, let's think about this...once a problem is found like with Diamond, they know how to properly test the foods. Same as RC. They found the vitamin error and you can rest assure that mistake will not happen again. These two foods are probably the safest on the market to date.

There is NOT a perfect dog food out there. I've been saying we YT members need to get together and formulate/market a dog food! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!