View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #15
Morix
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Pancreatitis! Advice?

Hi everybody. I have a 1 year old yorkie.Morix started to feel bad on Tuesday. He didn't want to eat or drink. He vomited some yellow fluid, and then came the diarrhea. I took him to the vet and they gave him some IV fluids while running some tests. (blood work, parasites, x-rays), everthing came out normal. I finally transferred him to a 24 hs care hospital ( I should have done that in the first place) and he had a Pancreatitis test. The values came out a little bit higher than the normal range, but not much. The doctors think it is pancreatitis but I really think they are not so sure....Anyway, I was in the TWILIGHT ZONE for 5 days, and I ended up spending $800 in each facility.
The most frustrating part is that they were not sure of what was going on and I saw him deteriorating every passing minute....
This is the second time I has happened to me and in both cases he didn't eat anything out of his diet (Royal Canning for Yorkies) so I do not know what caused it. Now he is eating 2 tsp of Hills prescription diet, and takes Pepcid Ac every 12 hs and Tylosing powder every 8. (during 2 weeks). After that I have to pick a sensitive diet (Dr. recommended Sensite Royal Canning).

Does anybody know how to prevent this?
Should I get pet insurance? if that is the case, which one? I am really scared now that this could happen again....
Morix is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!