View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #12
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I got my Yorkie Lecture 101 - from my vet.

He said that he has more "too small Yorkies" for patients than he has any other breed of dog. He said, "A lot of people like to argue with me - but I'm the one who takes care of these sick little guys." He also said that larger dogs and even larger Yorkies can usually get over many illnesses - that are fatal to smaller Yorkies and other very small dogs. He said they just don't have the ability to survive a lot of illnesses and are a lot more vunerable to many diseases --- and, he said that responsible breeding can drastically reduce or eliminate many of these problems.

Yes - I know a lot of us have healthy tiny little Yorkies -- but so many of these little guys start out with such severe problems or get so sick later - it's sad! We have to admit that the Yorkie is one of the few breeds that is sometimes deliberately being bred to be especially small.

A lot of breeds have health problems - but not so many fatal ones... The little Yorkie seems to have more than his fair share of fatal problems. It certainly is sad - and heartbreaking when someone loses their little pet.

I (like all of us) sure hope my little guy stays healthy forever.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!