View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #7
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatodd
i dont u/s what they want??? b/c if i were to sell a pet, i would get the money first ...make sure it is good then ship the pet. so what are they after??? my address and phone number??
He will make a fake money order out to you for WAY more than your asking price. You will end up bringing it to the bank and cashing it. Then he will ask you to refund him the difference. A couple weeks later you the money order will bounce when it hits it's real bank leaving you with a negative account. This leaves you with a fake check and out whatever money you sent him. There is generally nothing you can do since most of the time they our in another country. I am glad you caught it. They aren't only doing it with puppies. Do not western union money and do not accept money orders unless it is someone you really know.
There was another case recently where some lady bid on an ebay dress. She did not win because the reserve price was set high. Later she got an email saying that her bid was close enough and to western union about $2500 . She never saw a dress. So be careful out there!
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!