View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 01:48 AM   #1
jimmyjimmy
Yorkie Yakker

Default Anyone knows 'Dog lover's gold' food?

I feed my yorkie 'Canidae' and I got the food from an internet dealer.
But the guy couldn`t sell any more 'Canidae' because of some import problems. Instead of Canidae he now is selling 'Dog lovers gold' .
I have never heard of this brand before, so I am a little bit afraid to try this food. The ingredients seem very good to me though.
But one of their ingredients is salt. I didn`t know dog food can contain salt, but maybe little would be ok?? Anybody here has exprience with this food ?

Below are the ingredients taken from their website.
DogLovers Gold Analysis
Guaranteed Analysis

Crude protein min. 25.00% Calcium min. 1.30 %
Crude fat min. 16.00% Phosphorus min. 1.00 %
Crude fiber max. 4.50% Copper min. 20 mg/kg
Crude ash max. 7.50% Vitamin A min. 20.000 lU/kg
Moisture max 10.00% Vitamin D min. 2.000 IU/kg
Omega-6 fatty acid min 3.10 % Vitamin C min. 50 mg/kg
Omega-3 fatty acid min 0.60% Vitamin E min. 200 IU/kg

NO Corn, Wheat, Soy or other fillers

Ingredients:
Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat (naturally preserved with mixed Tocopherols, Ascorbic acid and Rosemary), Flaxseed, Whole Dried Eggs, Chicken Liver Meal, Herring Fish Oil, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, Garlic, Lecithin.

Vitamins, Chelated Minerals, Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes:
Rosemary, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Inulin, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite, FolicAcid, d-Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite, Freeze Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation, Aspergillus Niger Fermentation, Bacillus Subtilis, Mixed Tocopherols, Silica Dioxide, Freeze Dried Enterococcus Faecium, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Beta Carotene, Yucca Schidigera

Formulated to exceed the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog food Nutrient Profile for All Life Stages

Your dog is a individual and to maintain your dog a happy and healthy life you should always feed your dog to the individual needs. We recommend feeding your dog twice a day.
Your dog may eat more or less depending on age, temperament and activity level.
Puppies up to 6 months should be fed up to twice the amount of an adult dog, divided by 3-4 meals per day.
Pregnant dogs in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy should be fed approximately 50% more than the usual amount, divided by 3 equal portions per day.
Senior or overweight dogs may be fed a reduced amount depending on the dog's weight and activity level.
Do not exercise or run your dog very hard immidiately after his meal. Always have plenty of fresh water available for your dog to drink.
jimmyjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!