View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Yes - again, I think off standard breeding is what is responsible for the many varieties of Yorkshire terriers.....

At the risk of offending anyone -- mine is certainly one of these wonderful little pets that is most definitely "off standard." He's sliver/light tan, about 8 1/2 or 9 pounds, has ears that could fly an airplane, and has a longer more narrow nose than a lot of little Yorkies have. Soooooooooooo - I love him to death, he is as cute as a button, a delight to own, and he's not going to be bred.

******* Ten minutes ago, I was in the backyard with some of my neighbors and one said, "My niece has a little Yorkie, and he doesn't look like your dog at all. He's a lot smaller, and he doesn't have big ears like that, and his face is a lot rounder."

Then - she went on to say, "I really like yours better. My niece's dog is cute, but I'd be scared to death to have a dog that little." (While other people think my dog is "too big.")

So on and so forth - we all hear comments like this all the time... This is why I am always amazed when anyone is offended by any of these remarks. I just explain to people that we could have ten Yorkies lined up -- and they could, indeed, look very different.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!