View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
Perroamor
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default You have to set the limits

Dogs want to please so they don't know when to not do something. You as the hate to say Alpha is the one who sets the standards. I find that with my Yorkie who went thru the same thing I was consistent with No you do not do that in a calm assertive voice letting her know that her behavior was not acceptable. She is not allowed to bite it probally is teething however that is a no no. I provide her with teething toys that she uses and loves. Your whole family must be consistent with her discipline or she will not get this whole process. I personally never stand over her it frightens her being so big and her so small I squat down and calmly tell her Princess NO! It is sinking in. All dogs test boundaries to see how far they can get and the looser the boundary the more they do..My friends laugh at me my dogs are on schedules food walks and sleep and lots of play and it works out. Sometimes dogs exhibit energy aggressively they might need longer walks or more play time it is a cry hey I am here. What we perceive as being bad is not bad, the behavior needs to be trained to be constructive not destructive. Also being alone dogs get lonely before I leave I give my dogs a good long walk so they are good and tired and go straight to their crates for the time I am gone. I crate them when I am gone for safety. Structure it is working for me and a whole lot of reading about Yorkies. Ps remember prasing her is the best medicine dogs really want to please you. Good luck
Perroamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!