View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
Lexi's_Mommy
~GirlieGirls~
Donating Member

Sad I really didn't mean it like that...

I went to Walgreens to get my daughter prescription toothpaste, (braces) and while I'm sitting there waiting this pregnant woman and her husband start talking and she is crying. I tried not to ease drop but then she started talking about the price of meds to me. Then she precedes to tell me that her husband just switched jobs, and her pregnancy isn't covered on his new insurance. She is still crying and tells him lets just go we can't afford this right now. He says we'll figure something out, you and the baby have to be well. Then she asked the pharmacist how much will her antibiotic be. He said with tax $39 something. She starts crying even harder and I felt so bad for them. So I tell her "Sweetie, I hope you don't get offended but if you don't mind I would like to pay for your prescription". First she said why, so I told her I don't know I guess it's kinda like pay it forward (ya know the movie) and I would just like to do something nice for her. Very seriously she turned around and started screaming at me "I'm not your f*^%ing charity case. My mouth hit the floor and for the first time I didn't know what to say. I went up paid for my daughters prescription, turned around and said I am so sorry you feel that way, good luck with your baby and left.

I really didn't mean to make her feel like that I just felt so sorry for them.
Lexi's_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!