View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Default Switching from wet/dry to all dry

My three yorkies all eat a square of Ceser's puppy food mixed with half a crushed boiled egg every morning about eight A.M. then the same thing again about five in the evening. In between times, I free feed dry food. two are puppies, four months and eight months. the other is Silk who is five. This has been her diet all her life. The little ones have been eating it well. Some days they eat a lot of dry and some days they don'y. Sometimes here lately, I have had to play with them and their food for two or three hours after the regular time to get them to eat (the two younger ones). Hubby says they are getting tired of the Ceser's. I would like to have them all on nothing but dry but am afraid they will not eat. How long would it be safe to let them not eat? I think if the dry is all they have they will eat but I think they might go without for two or three days. That would scare me. Anyone have experience with this? I keep a tube of Nutrical so if they didn't eat, I would give it to them. Tonight, I sat the wet food down at five. It is now almost seven and they are all asleep and the two little ones haven't eaten a bite. I don't see any point in putting it down if they are not going to eat it but I get scared.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!