Thread: so scared!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
tammy8833
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default so scared!!!

Hello everyone i have not been on in a while due to a move and Magnum getting seriously hurt. (my male yorkie-pom) Sunday afternoon Magnum and Little Girl were playing on the sofa and i looked away to say something to my husband when i heard a noise. Magnum had fallen and hit either his neck or head on the coffee table and wasnt moving, just some twitches and his eyes were moving a little bit my husband thought his neck was broken i was just balling, he started defecating on my husband and i just knew he wasnt going to be okay. my mom came over and rushed him to an emergencie vet about 30/40 minutes away. when the vet finally called us back magnum was shaking his head and could not walk only rolling from side to side. the vet at the time was very negative about recovery and didnt have a clue what the problem was, and she was convinced it was just a ear infection, i said that he might have a inner ear infection but that was not the problem he 100% before he fell and nothing when he did fall. but i would not argue with her. the next day the doctors called and said he was wagging his tail and and taking a few steps (this doctor was much more positive) and hw could go home on steroids. When we got there i didnt know how to react, he was loving and the same puppy but he couls not really walk his legs kept crumpling and twisting, we asked for him to stay one more night the next day i picked up Mag and when we got home he was WALKING with a slip here and there but walking, dancing around wanting to play with little girl and everyone else.!!!! This last vet explained that there was probably some blood in the brain and that was causing hie distorenitation gave me so Rx and told me to keep him crated, which he hates, but I truly, truly think Mag will be back to 100%! in time, everyday he is better. sorry i wrote so much but i need to tell some one who would understand. The Vet Hospital did a great job, they hardly charged me due to his size ( 1lb) and he was really loved on, he was the hospital flirt!!!!!!
okay im done thanks again
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!