View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 06:23 AM   #11
nifer
YT Addict

i've been a member of bally total fitness for almost 10yrs now and have been going regularly, about 4/week. my initial reason to join a gym was to gain a little more muscle mass (i was skinnnnny!) and maintain an overall healthy lifestyle. i think BTF is serving it's purpose for those goals of mine. i signed up for a 3yr contract and since that has expired, i'm now in renewals, paying about $15/month and am able to go to any BTF, anywhere.

each location offers different ammenities. the one i go to just has the bare minimum for my workouts: weight machines, free weights, cardio equipment, etc. they also offer classes such as yoga, kickboxing, step, etc but rarely do i go to any of those. i haven't had a personal trainer there, but friends of mine have and they seem to like how that's working out. there are other BTF locations outside of the city that have saunas, walking tracks, pools, etc but i don't feel the need to travel to the suburbs just to use those facilities.

i agree with amspoelstra in that chosing a gym is something you need to figure out for yourself. visit different gyms in your area. when checking out gyms, i went to about 5 other ones and decided that BTF was the best fit for me according to my needs/goals, lifestyle, and $.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!