View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
feminvstr
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingergirlsmom
First, I am not a breeder, just a yorkie owner with a question...

HOW do you go about finding a quality breeder?

Before I got Ginger, I contacted the local dog club as well at YTCA for their breeder lists. I emailed, phoned, etc. the few breeders on their lists that were located in my state (and those close by)...only 2 even bothered to get back to me AND that to tell me it would be a year or more until a litter would be available.

Finally, we took our chances, and found a local "backyard breeder" in the paper. I figured at least that way I wasn't supporting a puppy mill (at least it didn't seem that way)

I agree and understand the need for quality breeders. But what do poor pet-buyers like me do when the time comes to bring a new canine family member into our lives?

Sometime in the next year or two we'll be looking to add another yorkie to our family, should we really have to begin the search now?

I'd love your input...
Ginger I am sorry you were ignored. Since you have time on your hands before getting another...if you are looking to purchase from a show breeder, go to a couple of your local shows, introduce yourself tell them your interest in buying a new pup...they will offer you direction, referal or a card, just make sure you don't get too involved in conversation just before their ready to go in the ring...

I wish you luck

I can recommend a couple breeders in your area when your ready, just PM me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!