View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 03:18 PM   #11
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDY's2yorkies
Question on the same issue,I own both the female and the male,the last time she came in heat,and she was too young,they figured out how to be bad teenagers,had 1 pup and a c section because of her age and only one pup,too big, now she is in heat again,its been7 months,and she should be ready,bleeding has stopped,swelling is huge,and the arent even trying,the male thought it was a great idea,yet she stopped the issue by growling and snapping, I figured she wasn't ready yet,but now she should be ready and they dont even try...is it possiable that she thinks its too soon after a c section,the vet says its fine,or is remembering she is the one that had to raise the puppy before and is not intrested in being a mommy again , I know this sounds like a stupid question,but even the vet has no idea..any breeders here that can shed some light and ideas here
In my opinion, I'd sit her out this time. I've been told that once they've had a c-section and you plan on breeding them again, they need one full year rest from the surgery. Otherwise, from what the vet told me, their uterus could rip where they cut her open the last time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!