View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
mandimarie
Yorkie Yakker

Confused PLEASE HELP! ? About Agressiveness

I have a few questions about our Yorkie, Fiona. I hope y'all can bear with me, I'm better at reading posts than writing them, lol!

Fiona is a year and two mos. old. We have been to obedience classes but she didn't exactly graduate. Even with working with her everyday. She seemed to enjoy them and did fine with walking by you and the "heeling", but as soon as you want her to sit or lay down, she would get this really stubborn look on her face and refuse to do it.

She's also very rough when she plays. We had some neighbors who had 3 dogs who Fiona liked to play with, but they moved so she hasn't really had any "friends" to play with.

I've noticed when when she would play with their pomeranian, if he had a handkerchief around his neck she would go for that and drag him around, or she would go for his neck or ears.

Now a different set of neighbors have a pomeranian, about the size of Fiona. The other day we were outside, and I went in to put the kids down for a nap so I put her on her chain, and when I came out, their dog had gotten out and was by Fiona and they were playing but very rough, Fiona kept going for her neck. I took the dog away from her and brought her back to her home, but goodness!

Why is she so aggressive? Yesterday when I brought her out to potty, they were in the front yard. both were on retractable leashes and Fiona about ripped my arm out of socket trying to run to the other dog...a couple of times.

How do I help her to learn I am the boss, not her? She's getting hornory (sp?) and I don't know why? Also, I want to be able to take her out to play w/ other dogs and their owners not taking their dogs away b/c she is a bully!

Please help! Signing her up for another obedience class isn't an option in the near future as we are moving and my dh will be going off to a school for 4-5 mos.
I love Fiona to death, and she can be so sweet, but she needs to know who's boss!
mandimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!