View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #1
Jaspermom
Yorkies Rock My World!

Animal Smiley 049 NC Meetup April 8th, 11-3 in Greensboro! Come one, Come ALL!

OK, I know fully well I have been a complete pest about this meetup, lol, but for all of you who are SICK of me talking about it, take solace in the fact that in one more week, you don't have to hear about it anymore, lol!!

For all of you who are as excited as I am, and for those of you who have been hiding under a rock and don't know a THING about it, here is the original thread:

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32646

And here is the tentative schedule directly from the day's program I am composing to be handed out at the registration table.
Today’s goal is to meet new friends, pet yorkies, play with yorkies, talk about yorkies, share insights and ideas about yorkies, chat about yorkie products and toys, compare yorkie foods, and in general completely immerse ourselves in the beautiful world of yorkies for four hours! What better way to spend the time?

Here is today’s tentative plan!

11am to 11:30
• Sign in, meet, greet, fill in name tags, ooh and ahh over other people’s dogs. Introduce yourself and your pup(s) to other folk!
• Register for door prizes
• Buy raffle tickets : $1 each or 6 for $5. All proceeds benefit the
Stephen M. Hussey Bark Park at Country Park
11:30 to 12:15
Formal Welcome!
Introduction and words from Rescue Group
Enjoy your picnic lunches & Cake
Costume Contest

12:15 to 1:00
Show Us Your Stuff! Does your yorkie do tricks? Is he/she agility trained? Show us what your dog can do!

1:00 to 2:30
Games and fun! Bubble catch!
Let’s play “Pick Your Pooch” & “Wag the Dog”

2:30 to 3:00
Door Prizes & Raffle Drawing
Formal pictures/Group shots
Put on your best yorkie smile and pose for the camera!

3:00
A Fond Goodbye!
Of course, you are welcome to stay as long as you like, but our event ends at 3. (They’ll probably have to drag me outta here if any of you want to stay! I could play with yorkies all day long!)
Hope we get a TON of people and yorkies, and if any of you out-of-staters are interested in coming, there is accomodation info in the original thread.

OH WOW!!! It's ALMOST HERE!! The MEETUP IS ALMOST HERE!! WHOOPEE!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!