View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
zuzismom
Yorkie Yakker

Icon2 Seizure? Sroke? 12 years old

Last Monday my 12 year old yorkie, Zuzi had some type of episode around 2AM in the morning. My husband went to let her out and she could't stand without stumbling or walk straight. It was like all four legs wanted to go in different directions. She looked like a drunken sailor.

Scared us to death so we called the emergency vet. He said he didn't think it was an emergency to bring her in but suggested we give her some Kayro syrup just in case she had low blood sugar. She did recover in about 5 minutes after the syrup but she might have already been getting better any way.

We brought her to the vet this past Thursday for her regular check up. They did a full "Senior Wellness Checkup" which included 2 vials of blood for tons of tests. They also did a urine test where they used a needle to get the urine right out of her bladder. Now she has a HUGE bruise on her belly because she moved while they were doing it.

I'm waiting for Monday to hear how her test are. The vet said it might have been a small stroke or a seizure. She also now has a heart murmur and some kind of growth in one of her anal glands. (I hope it isn't cancer.) She has cataracts now too and is night blind.

Other than all that, she is a happy senior citizen and pretty lively and full of love. It's so hard to see your little pal get old.

Wish us luck for good results on her bloodwork.

Shelley
zuzismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!