View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 06:39 AM   #16
Gracy
YT 500 Club Member

Good luck Ladybug23,
I am a small Breeder here in Ventura County.

Hope you got my PM's to you.

Be careful, there are alot of puppy mill puppies here in California from Mexico.
They are sick and 98% have died within weeks after purchase.
Here are a few check lists before you purchase here in southern California.

1.) Make sure the breeder you choose has the Dam and preferably the Sire,
I do. My dogs also are registered, I show prospective owners there registration with the puppies registration.

2.) If you want a pure bred, make sure you get the papers before you leave with the dog. Never let anyone tell you they don't have them now, they will mail them to you. That will never happen.

3.) Request Vet receipts or proof of Puppies 1st Exam & Shot schedule. This way you know by the receipt that the puppy has been seen by a Vet and has started their puppy shots. Shots should start at 6 - 8 weeks.
Here in California the law states puppies can not be sold under 8 weeks of age. I always give copies of the Vet receipts plus a Vacination Schedule that has been filled out by my Vet. Proof of Vet Care.

Any questions PM me or reply here, I'll try to do my best to help guide you in getting a healthy puppy.

Since September of 2005 I have witnessed and talked to alot of upset new owners who have been ripped off or purchased a sick puppy. I feel so bad that I have started giving this advise as I have sold my puppies.
As you can see I do my best to prove the care of my puppies.
Yes my Vet bills are expensive but All my Dogs & puppies are very Healthy and that to me is important.
Good luck again
Gracy
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!