View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #11
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I'm the one who uses washclothes - wrap them around his belly - and pin them with a diaper pin.

What I'm doing now is ---

1) He's confined to a large kitchen area when I'm gone and has a pee pad -
but he getting good about not peeing most of the time I'm gone anymore
(and this is for about 6 hours or so).

2) He wears belly bands when he has run of the house. He will definitely
pee any where he wants when he is out of the kitchen.

3) I take off the belly band (which is usually dry) and take him outside
every hour or two - and he's good about going outside.

BUT - if I should miss getting him outside in time - he is still wearing the belly band.

**** I check his belly band often - and if it ever is even slightly damp - I change it.

He's 7 months old now and is stayer drier longer - sometimes for hours. And, he's good about peeing when we go outside. So - he's coming along and getting better all the time.

I know he leaks a little sometimes with his belly band on - but really only occasionally and very little. He doesn't actually pee through it - it just gets damp. A person could line it with a mini pad or something, but I have never really had to do that. Or, if necessary, using two washcloths would absorb more.

And - my little guy weighs 8 1/2 pounds - so, I'm sure he probably pees a little more than yours does.

I think we all struggle with this. And, the important thing for most of us is that we don't want our carpets and furniture ruined prior to our little guys getting trained. I think what I'm doing is actually keeping him from doing any damage in the house.

Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!