View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Scared of outside!

So today was BEAUTIFUL and i decided this would be a great day to take Layla for her first walk! Most of the snow has melted, and the puddles are pretty much gone from the sidewalks. She used to hate her harness, but now she's okay with it. She used to hate her leash, and she's not GREAT with it, but she will walk around with it trailing behind her, and most of the time she will walk beside me when i'm holding it. So I thought there would be no problems. WRONG. She's so scared of being outside. I got her in front of the house and she wouldn't move, so I thought maybe I'll just carry her for a bit and get her used to being outside. So by the time we got to the corner I set her down and she refused to move again. She started to walk to a rock, and sniffed it, and jumped back like it was going to attack her. Then she just stood there shaking and crying! When i reached for her she backed away from me. I picked her up and brought her back home and let her walk around the little deck in my backyard, but she was crying there too. I was so sure she'd be excited to go outside! She's always excited in new places.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!