View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #50
yorkieK9trainer
YT 1000 Club Member

Lightbulb Rocky's Dad-

"If I misunderstood what you were trying to do or say, I apologize. I just happen to know Ron and Shirley and I know how much they love each of their dogs. They ensure that each puppy goes to a good home. They have been outstanding with us and all the people that I know that have purchased a puppy from them. Our Rocky is just as they told us he would be, He is 14 months and is 3.9 lbs of energy and love"

No problem.
And I have NO DOUBT that this "breeder" is doing a fine job as far as breeding personality goes. Like I said, that's not hard to do. We're talking Yorkies here. I was more interested in whether or not these dogs were also healthy. And I'm not talking current on their shots or things like that. I'm talking, are her dog's joints nice and tight-no dental issues (except for adult on set of course) and no heart or other organ problems. And I don't mean just in the mother and father (and Champions in the bloodlines have NOTHING to do w/ this), I also mean within 6 generations at least. Any puppies that she's produced that has had any of the above problems (or more)? That sort of thing. That's ALL I was asking for. It's much harder to find a breeder that has a whole package, than to find a breeder that has sweet, well adjusted Yorkies. That's the easy part! Now, whether they're falling apart on you at 3 years of age or younger or if they don't conform to the breed standard is another issue!

Since I couldn't find any health certificates on her or any dogs she's produced (doesn't mean they don't exist, it just may mean I'm not looking in the right places) bothered me since there are a handful of people on here saying how wonderful she is and yet cannot tell anyone else WHY she's wonderful, except that they're sweet and happy puppies. Well, this can be very misleading and very unguided for a new potential home that goes to this breeder and sure they may spend $600 on a puppy. Then they get it home and realize that that $1000 that they just saved is now being spent on vet bills because they have a poor (physical) quality dog/Yorkie.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!