View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
Ravens Keeper
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Little Guy Finally Gets To Come Home!!!!

I posted in February that the puppy I purchased died from parvo on Valentines Day. I only had poor Scrappy for a few days before he went to the vets and passed away there. The breeder I purchased Scrappy from was really great. She just didn't want to give me another puppy right away because of the parvo in the house. The vet said waiting 4 weeks before I brought another puppy in the house should be o.k. I read some places on the internet that I should even wait a year. Yikes!!! The vet said 4 weeks because I got Scrappy on a Friday night, he threw up the next morning on my linoleum, and by Saturday evening I could tell he was not right. He never even pooped for me until late Sat night and that was in his crate. By that time I had read enough on YT about parvo and looked on the internet that I had the little guy in a room in his crate all by himself. As soon as he was at the vets I had pretty much everything cleaned with bleach. I even ordered a product called Kennel Care that is proven 100% effective in killing the parvo virus. I was really worried about Raven my other Yorkie at the time, but she was fine. Anyways I waited six weeks before I got my new little guy. The breeder felt so bad about what happened that she gave me a little male that she was going to actually keep for stud. I got him Monday night, and boy is he a pistol. I named him Beamer - But my husband keeps calling him Focker, (Meet The Fockers) because he is doing the humping thing. I told my husband it had to do with a dominance thing. LOL! Anyways he was 20 weeks yesterday, I took him to the Vet on Tuesday and he weighed exactly 2lbs. Raven weighs right at 4 lbs, I hope he gets close to her weight range.
He is adorable and he is already training everyone in this household. Sorry for the long post, I'm just excited at finally getting Beamer home. I will post pictures soon.
Kim
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!