View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
prncssleah
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshopper73
Bless your heart. I don't have a teen (yet) but will in a couple of years. I do remember being a teen, though. Make her dump the boyfriend. He sounds like bad news....not that she will but she's putting him before everything else.
Oooo you can't "make" them do something like that in the teenage years. They'll just get more resentful and lie even more.

I'm not a mom but it wasn't that long ago since I was that age. I kept a pretty good relationship with my mom throughotu highschool but i know she had it rough with my sister. Grounding always worked with us. It made us mad but it worked for our free time. While in school though I think I would have the teachers call you when she's not there. She might get mad at you for "not trusting her" and "always checking up on her" but she's obviously violated your trust and will have to gain it back.

It sounds like it's time to crack down hard. It sound like she's a smart girl she just needs to learn how these choices could impact her future. I hope it all turns out alright.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!