Thread: Just wondering
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
Yummy84
Yorkie Yakker

Default Just wondering

So I'm finally seeing some success with training my 11 week old yorkie Miso. I've tried the pee pee pads and since that was a giant flop I ended up taking my friend's advice and using a bell method. Everytime he had an accident I gave him absolute hell for it by saying no like 20 times and rubbing his nose close to it and it nearly killed me cause I knew he hated it. Then I made him paw at a bell on the door and took him straight outside. The next day he didn't have one accident, the second day he regressed and the punishing started again but here I am on the fourth day and he has not had an accident within the past 2 days. So I really recommend the bell method or the scratching door method it has done wonders for me, because I was seriously going crazy with having to follow him around everywhere with a nature's miracle stain remover and some paper towels in my hand 24/7. It was so bad I swear I had nightmares about cleaning up his poop, but just wondering (finally yes I know) I'm also using pee pads in his fenced area so when I'm gone for over 3 hrs I leave his crate open but this crazy dog tears it to shreds and I am finding crystalized urine everywhere on the floor everytime I'm back from classes so please give me suggestions because I think I'm going to start having nightmares about this too.
Yummy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!