View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 01:10 PM   #13
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow
Hello everyone,

My husband and I just bought a new Yorkie for our son...her name is Elbow. She is about 5 months old...we've had her for about 2 weeks...and training her is absolute hell! We started putting her in a crate because that is what everyone told us to do. The thing is...she ALWAYS poos there....and by the time I get home...I have to bathe her! It's been 3 days in a row now! She pees on her training pad SOMETIMES...wont' go outside when we go for walks..and pees anywhere in the house....we've tried to schedule her eating so that she won't poo whenever she pleases...but even though we feed her once in the morning and once at night...she poos all throughout the day...and its never predictable!

HELP! How do I train her? She hates her training pad...if she does go on it..it looks like it was just an accident!

Hi, I am sorry you are having some problems with the potty training. You are not alone as many do.

How long is Elbow kept in the kennel. WIth her being 5 months they say an hr per month so that would put her max at 5 hours, however I think personally that is still too long for a Yorkie or any small breed pet.

maybe try giving her breaks out of the kennel to her potty pad more times so she doesn't get the idea that she doesn't have a choice but to potty where she lies.

Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!