View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 07:22 PM   #12
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Higgins Mom and Fasteddie - I listened to tape 2 this am to see if it work to skip through other courses but nope. Each segmant takes place on the previous one/continues. For instance, tape one was "touch"...they learn to touch their nose on your hand, you move it further and further away. This in time will give them direction as to walking for instance if you want them on the other side of you or to maybe retrieve something on the ground. Amazingly she "remembered" the touch command today in tape two which was "attention". It teaches them to have eye contact with you on command by calling their name. Which intime gives them direction outside being distracted and you need to have them come to you right away for any reason. She mastered that. YOU don't have to use the clicker, but it helps. At the same time you use the clicker you give a bridge word which ours is "good" all in continous of rec'vng a treat. She did great today. It makes this training fun for Schatzie and it really is working. I am so impressed. I am unable to find the website now, darn it! When I do I will pass it on for you all to choose if this is a training course you might be interested in. Today's training I had to wait about 5 min's inbetween each command. Schatzie needed to get distracted first. Anyway, she was having so much fun she just sat and stared at me with the look of "what can I do next for you so I can have that treat". The tapes only take about 5-9 min's to listen to and the training is 10-15 min's per day. I LOVE IT!! It's not actually tapes, they are downloads they send immediatly to your computer when you pay. I then download them into my computer to save.

Anyways, sorry this is so long but i just wanted to let you know how great this training is going. I have never been so impressed before. After Schatzie i will begin using it more on Annabelle.

Unfortunatley it will be awhile before I get to the housebreaking lesson. You'd think that would have been one of the first lessons, LOL
schatzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!