View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #12
ldb51
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Wow, went to work this morning and came back to find so many Great replies. Thanks so much for all the input. Many great pointers!!!!

OK, I'm not very smart so someone please fill me in on "belly bands" ----I'm guessing they are some sort of wide strap for his midsection that hinders him from going while in the house. How do they work and where do you find them??

As for the tile idea-----unfortunately, I'm not going there-----and there is carpeting all the way to the doggy door. I did try a new trick this morning. My concrete floor is exposed at the bottom of the stairway for the time being since I ripped up the carpeting while waiting for the replacement. Thought I'd try another tactic-----after thoroughly cleaning the floor with a clorox solution and letting it dry----I placed a few of his toys on the area in question. He didn't go near it to relieve himself-----at least for day one. I may be on to something here. We'll see. In the mean time I'm giving him a bunch of lovies and positive reenforcement for positive behavior. If all else fails I'll go to the confining alternative.

Thanks again to all for the ideas, advice and words of encouragement!!!!!
ldb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!