View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 10:39 AM   #11
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

You know my pup never got the whole idea of the crate training thing. When we first got her the breeder told us that she was doing very well on the paper training, which she was. But I wanted her to go outside and now looking back I should've kept her on the paper training just a little while longer she willl not use it at all now. I wish she would at least when I am not doing my part and forget to let her out, lose track of time, or we leave for a while. Anyway when I started taking her outside I tried the whole crate training, and mine was just big enough for her to turn around in. I really believe she thought she was supposed to go in the crate, as soon as we would put her in it she would go to the bathroom then start yelping like "Ok I went now GET ME OUT OF HERE!". So I quit using the crate like that, now if she goes where she isn't supposed to I put her in her crate long enough for me to clean up the mess and just a little while long as a "time out". Does anyone not recommend the "time out"? I have been told not to let the dog see you clean up the mess (I don't know why though) so I put her in her crate for that and just a little while longer (maybe 5 minutes or so).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!