View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #9
yorkipower
BANNED!

Yeah, I really DONT like paper training (indoors). I’m with you on that. Whenever possible, I try to convince people to make the great outdoors their dogs pottie and keep the house the clean and pristine doggie den. Unfortunately, with the hours many people work, that’s just not realistic. It’s also unfortunate that people don’t realize that often times, they must take off from work for awhile or have someone home before they get a puppy. When I worked for the North Shore Animal League as a kid, it used to perplex me that so many people wanted puppies because they claimed them to be easier to train! I’d try and try and try to convince these people that they’d be far better off with an adult dog whose personality was already shaped and whose bladder was working on full thrusters, but the myth of the “puppy for my kid so they can grow up together” most of the time prevailed. I’d like a puppy too, esp. with Bun being so sick, but I work too many hours and am not home to give a puppy the proper foundation training. Until I can devote the time necessary, I’m sticking to adult dogs.
yorkipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!