View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
Tashasmom
YT 500 Club Member

You could get an inside play area (it's like a play pen for dogs) one that he can't get out of yet big enough for him to move around in and play. Then just start potty training all over again. You might even want to check into hiring someone to come over a few times a day to take him out to potty and to take a walk. He may just be feeling lonely and is acting out. I would also suggest having time each evening doing something that he enjoys. Giving him that extra something special along with lots of attention.
Have you considered getting him a playmate? I know that won't help with the potty training and you'd have two but it would help him with his lonliness. I defenitely wouldn't make him an outside dog. I can understand wanting to cause housetraining is HORRIBLE lol..But i don't think sticking him in the back yard is going to help him one bit. You also might want to consider replacing your carpet with tile. I wish you all the luck and I also want to say i'm sorry about your loss. Good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!