View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #11
Oscar's Mom
My Little Biker Dude
Donating Member

I am so sorry that your Chelsie is suffering with this and so sorry that you may be placed in a position to make a decision for her. But you will know when the time comes when her quality of life is such that she would not want. I have had to do this in the past and it is not easy. But you find comfort in knowing that the suffering for your beloved pet is over and they are released from the pain and can go on to a place of rest where there is no more pain. I had to put an 11 month old American Bulldog down due to a heart defect that had caused heart failure and severe fluid to build up where he could barely breathe. I held him as the vet put him to sleep and I promise you, he never suffered, he never felt any pain, it was sudden and very humane. Talking about it now brings back tremendous pain and sadness, but that is just for me...not him - he is at peace. I pray for strength for you in this time and if it comes to having to make the decision to let her go, I pray for peace for you to make the right decision for her. God Bless you.
****************** RIP SHARON 8-10-63 to 9-21-08
Oscar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!