View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 02:56 PM   #14
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashasmom
You need to find someone that has bred before and knows what they are doing. A good breeder that studs out her dog will first expect your dog to be tested for brucellosis as well as have a stud contract for you to sign. Many breeders will do pick of the litter or a fee. A stud contract also covers your back as well. For example if the first breeding isn't successful make sure the contract offers you another chance. If it doesn't a second time then most breeders will make you have your dogs reproductive system evaluated by a vet before a 3rd time is offered. Also make sure it is a PROVEN stud. Make sure you have seen the studs pedigree and registration prior to breeding. If you are to pay a fee (which alot of breeders will do this) then you have to pay upfront and NEVER pay more than $500...
You can also do AI..(artificial insemination). It can be sent to you frozen and your vet can show you how to do that. It's not as hard as it sounds lol. or your vet can do it for you. I hope I answered all your questions..sorry bout the book here lol
Thanks for the reply. Everything you mentioned is how my husband handles his breeding program. We have a few F.C. Male Beagles that we stud out and he does it the way you said. Being new to yorkies, I don'y quite know what to expect for a stud fee. That is what I want to do. pay the fee because she only has two pups at a time and I want to keep a female. Again, thanks
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!