View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 06:24 PM   #3
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

yeah, you think you have them trained, or maybe we are the one's trained, then our baby goes back to "not being trained".. I know, it is soooo frustrating!! I have a female, but maybe it does have to do with "time for neutering"?? Then again, I have a spayed 4 year old female Schnauzer who when outside "marks her terriority" on EVERYTHING!!. Even when we camp she will lift her leg like a male dog on all the trees. I think she is gender challenged I am not sure??

I sure wish I could give some great advise but I am in the same boat. Schatzie is oh about 6 months and does great then I will find a spot. Let's just say it's time to steam clean my carpets. I have never had such a difficulty housebreaking a dog before my Schatzie. So, I do think it's a Yorkie trait Im guessing.

Yesterday while being logged onto this site there were numerous ads above. Anyway, this one caught my eye. It was for Yorkie training. Well, it's these audio tapes. $40.00 bucks or so and they guarantee a great, perfect dog. So, I bought. I have only listened today to tape one. So far, Schatzie did so awesome and I was extreamly pleased. Tomorrow I will continue onto tape 2. It is the clicker method but it really is working. There are 16 lessons. Once you buy they immediatley download the tapes onto your computer. So, no waiting in the mail, or UPS for anything. I do think it's worth the money so far and I have only listened to such a short amount.

I will let you know how it all goes when all the tapes are listened to.

But about the housebreaking. That is almost the last tape, LOL So, maybe tomorrow I will cheat and listen to that first, ha ha and get back with you.

Keep your chin up, sounds like all our Yorkies have their mistakes now and then!!
schatzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!