View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #11
Bonnie's Mom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Here they are in the order I remember....

Jettie - mixed black dog - think she got hit by a car

Jettie - mixed black dog - died of old age (no, that is not a mistake, first 2 dogs were named the same - they were from the same Mom - who knows what the Dad was - when the first one got run over, they had more pups so we got one that looked just like the 1st one! We lived on a highway and the 2nd Jettie got run over more times than you can count, one time a car ran over her tail and cut it off and she looked like she had a docked tail but she always survived!

Scamp - mixed daschund and some kind of terrier - cutest little guy, but scared to death of lightning - we had to replace every screen door in the neighborhood, because Scamp would tear everybodies screen door down trying to get in from the storm!

Sheba - mixed German Shepherd puppy - got ran over running across the street to see my Dad when he got home from work one day.

Fluffy - a mean cat that my Mom brought home from the school she worked at, there was a litter of kittens that had been born under the school. Was told she was hit by a car, found out later in life that wasn't true, won't go into detail with what happened to her

2 Springer Spaniels that were my Mom's - don't remember their names, don't know what happened to them!

Kelly - the best cat in the whole wide world - she was a stray that adopted me one night when I was walking around the block with friends - one of the guys started petting her - at the time I did not like cats and my Dad was scared of them so I kept telling him not to do that so that she would not stay - she had a broken or hurt leg and she hung around for 3 days - and I decided that if I got home on the 4th night and she was still there I would feed her. Well, I got home from work and my Dad was still awake so I figured I would have to wait until he went to bed because he wouldn't want me to feed her - anyway he went to the door that night and saw the kitten and said "Louise, come feed this poor little cat" so from then on Dad and I had a cat ...took her to the vet and he examined her leg and told me I should put her to sleep she would never walk or be anygood...well I couldn't do that..her leg healed and I had her for 13 years! Best cat in the world (I think I said that already!) She wandered off to die, because she knew that I couldn't handle it if I saw her dead, and I knew in my heart that she had died peacefully so I was OK....Sad but OK!

Then I got married......husband bought me a Cocker Spaniel we named Ruffles..stupid stupid dog!! We bred her one time, I freaked out when she had the puppies and decided I would never be a breeder!!

Dusty...mixed puppy we got from the Humane Society...this dog would climb a 5 foot chain link fence and stand on the top He got out one time and did not come back.

Jennie...lab mix, don't remember where we got her, but she also climbed the fence and we were afraid she would get run over so hubby took her to work and gave her to someone who had lots of acreage where she can run! (the bad thing about this is we did not prepare the children and he took her to work and my oldest sons first day of 1st grade...he still says (jokingly) that all of his problems stem from the fact that we gave his dog away his first day of school!!

Patch...Australian Shepherd/Corgi mix...13 yrs old...best dog ever...we still have him and dread the day something happens to him, because I don't know how my boys who have grown up with him will handle. In fact, my oldest, who is almost 22, says that when something happens to Patch, don't tell him, just have Patch stuffed, put him in the den and he won't ask any questions (I asked him if he wanted him sittin or layin

Matilda - cat 10 yrs old - adopted from vet here in town that rescued kitties...turned out she had medical problems and the vet was mad his office let me adopt her and he wanted me to bring her back so that he could put her to sleep ...in his words, she would never be a "productive" cat...WTH is a productive cat??? Needless to say, she is fine, mean as he**, and not very happy that we now have........

BONNIE ...who really isn't an animal but since others are listing their Yorkies I guess I will too!! Bonnie will be 4 in May!

Oh yeah....I also had the occasional goldfish, turtle, and I also got chickens at Easter. My boys had a goldfish named Patricia who the neighbor girl thought she would be helpful and cleaned her tank with clorox but didn't rinse all the clorox out, needless to say Patricia did not make it. My husband had a little ceremony with the boys as they "flushed" Patricia, and my 5 yr old son came to me and very solemnly told me that "Daddy flushed Patricia down the toilet to Jesus".
Bonnie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!