View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #3
feminvstr
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie1103
Okay - So I have done my research and recall the sweet puppy breath from my first, Bailey. However, my new pups are about 2.5 weeks old now and have SKUNK breath! I mean pure horrible breath! They only drink from the momma so what could it be? Chloe has been having her puppy food and some Nutrical - nothing out of the ordinary. What does the breath say about their health?

Other puppy questions - when do they stop nursing and when should I feed dry food? Would they take to dry food naturally? They seem to want to nurse on the mom 24/7! Will the mom naturally stop producing milk when it is time to wean them?

Also, mom is always licking puppies to go to the bathroom. I know this is natural but the pups are starting to pee on their own. How can we get the momma to stop licking the pee and poo? Ugh - i mean she is our princess - it is just gross for me to see her lick up all that stuff - even though it is natural.

Thanks in Advance!
Vivian
Vivian its mother nature and you can't stop mother nature...the mom will stop cleaning up after the kids when she thinks its time also momma will let you know when she's done feeding them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!