View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
barbg402
YT Addict

Default Juice Died Today

We lost Juice, to some type of virus. He became sick with diarrhea on Friday night and then started throwing up on Saturday morning. I took him to the emergency vet they treated him ,sent him home. Saturday afternoon, I returned with him, as he had diarrhea with blood in it and it smell so rank. The ER, treated him again, sent him home. Sunday morning around 1:15,a.m, I got up to see about him, he was totally out of it. I rushed him back to the ER, they kept him for the remainder of the night. I took him to my personal vet this morning. He started having seizures this afternoon. The vet could not get the diarrhea to stop. they ran all kinds of test, ruled out Parvo, not sure about Corona, since they mimic each other. Juice had the symptoms of Parvo but was negative on the test. His white blood count was -7 last night and -4 today. The vet said the best thing to do was to let him go to the Rainbow Bridge and meet all the others that have gone before him. We are having an autopsy performed. Maybe we will get some answers as to what happened. He was such a brave little boy, as I would hold and rock him, he would look up at me and whimper under his breath. He was in a lot of pain!
I will miss him, although he was with me for such a short time, one month and three days. Such a sweetie!
I am so sad and have cried all the tears that I have to shed. I feel such an emptiness. I look at his little bed, it breaks my heart that he could not stay with us and enjoy a full life.
I apologize for this being so lengthy. It just seem so unfair for him to have to leave me so soon. When he was loved so much. There are so many out there that are abused, neglected and thrown away and yet they are surviving.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!