View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 05:57 AM   #3
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

We're in Brenham, TX and LOVE our groomer. I too had heard all the horror stories and since getting Tatum in April 2004 (she turned a year old on Valentines Day), I have been doing all the basic stuff myself - cutting nails, trimming ears, her hiney area and paws - but finally decided she needed a good trimming. I am keeping her hair long - kinda the layery look instead of full length - and was so afraid she would get butchered. Our groomer comes to our vet 2-3 times a week and is the one I used for my poodle for 15 years. I had a long talk with her and it turns out she has owned many Yorkies over the last 30 years and knew exactly what I wanted. I was SO pleased with Tatum's haircut and am SO relieved that I didn't and won't have the problems I've heard of. Of course this doesn't help you much because I doubt you want to come all the way here but I hope you find one that does you right!

As for products, we use the Chris Christensen products also and they work fabulous! I also put Infusium leave-in conditioner on her after the bath, before combing and drying. That seems to work really well for getting out any tangles.

Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!