View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 05:47 AM   #10
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiesMom
No I haven't tried shaving them but I had read about that. I am afraid to do that because its taken me a week to get him used to me grooming him LOL he's a real wiggler.

I may wait another few weeks and then try your suggestion. Thanks!!!! oh yeah Toto is beautiful. How old?
Aww ... thank you so much! She will be 3 yrs. on July 18 ... seems like we just brought her home yesterday! She is our joy! I started brushing and grooming her as soon as we brought her home [16 wks.] and she was wiggley at first ... so, I began to wait until she had played hard, eaten or whatever activity that made her tired & sleepy! I would sit on the sofa with her on my lap and gently brush her and before long, she would even lie on her back for me! Clipping those ears took a while for me to build up the courage ... I was terrified that I would snip her ear! I always place my fingers where the scissors will cut me if they slip .... and I have gotten a couple of gashes! I bought a pair of those little bitty battery operated clippers and they are perfect for shaving that upper 1/3 ... they come with two little guards for different lengths! Good luck ... keep us updated!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!