View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

I am not an expert by any means but I have a few suggestions that might help.

My friend, Dante', a member here, had a great thing going at her house to train her yorkies. She has a failry small xpen set up outside her back door in the grass. She takes the dogs out there after they wake up, after they eat and after they play, and she tells them to "hurry up". She doesn't use "go potty" because if you are out with somewhere that might be offensive to others. If they don't go potty she walks away until they do.

It was incredible but it doesn't take long before they are trying to squeeze everything they have in there out in order to get out of the pen and "go play". The pen is too small to play in so they want out as soon as possible.

I am going to do the same thing at my house.

Another thing she did which was cool was baby diapers on the puppies who weren't trained in the house yet. If they were out of their playpen in the house she put human baby diapers on them and saved her house from messes!! The males wore bell bands. These are great for when you take your dog to visit at other people's houses and you don't want to risk an accident because they are not in familiar territory.
Hope some of these ideas work for you.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!