View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 11:55 AM   #10
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan
I wouldn't go for stud service from anyone who knew so little about the breed that they referred to their dog as a miniature yorkie....OR was willing to trade him for two girls. What does that say about what she knows regarding the health history of the pedigree....not much.

You are right. That is exactly what I was thinking. Trouble is, most of the yorkies for sale or stud around here don't have an outstanding pedigree. people are not into showing. (nor am I). I lucked out getting my two Judabob dogs. I don't think Ceeby's breeder had a clue but she does charge about double for her pups so maybe she does and just does not play it up. Of course, Patsy Coburn, whom I got Silk from, knew but she evidently thought Silk was used up. Altho she did tell me I might be able to have a couple of litters with her. Her only excuse for selling those five females at the time was that she "always culled her females at five years of age". Lots of "culling" going on there. She had some more adult females in the paper last weekend.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!