View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
Lucky Yorkie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Advice needed! Microvascular Dysplasia

Hi,

This is my first time posting. I just found out my 1 year old yorkie Lucky has microvascular dysplasia. So far, all I have done is put him on a low protein diet (Prescription's Diet k/d). I know the basics of his condition, but I would greatly appreciate any advice from anyone who may have experience with this condition on what I should be doing to ensure a relatively long & healthy life for him. I am aware of medications and supplements to his diet such as Lactulose, but the vet just told me to keep him on a low protein diet for now. She said if he begins to show more severe clinical signs, then she will provide us with medication and treatment.

Is there anything more I can or should be doing for Lucky? Should I ask the vet to begin giving him medication now or wait until his symptoms get worse? Also, Lucky is use to eating high protein snacks and some table scraps...Does anyone have any suggestions as to what treats/snacks he can be given now, taking into consideration his condition and special diet needs? Currently, his diet is limited to Prescription's Diet k/d, nutri cal, carrots, bananas, and white rice. Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

-Lucky's concerned mom
Lucky Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!