View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #1
Barkerbunch
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile New Member, New Yorkie

undefined Hey y'all,

I've been reading at the message board here and you folks are such a wealth of information. I thought it was time to introduce myself and my new friend. My screen name, Barkerbunch, really describes my house. Besides myself and hubby, there are our two boys ages 7 and 10, one huge lab/pyrenes mix, a one year old american bulldog (same as a boxer only smaller), two jack russell terriers a guinea pig named pebbles and now our new 2 year old yorkie. It's quite a house (and yard) full but we love it.

My new baby, 6 pound little boy, came to us from my parents. They got him a year ago and have loved this little dog like he was their child. When they got him both of them were working from a home office and now they aren't able to do that any longer. Both of them have to go in to the office. Besides working, they are always running around somewhere and never at home. As a result, the little yorkie was spending entirely too much time home alone. My mother was heartbroken to give him up but at the same time felt like it was the best thing for him. We have babysitted for him several times while they were out of town and he always loved to visit here. I couldn't stand to see him go anywhere else so now Mommie has a new baby.

We still haven't settled on what the baby will be called. My parents called him Shady but my husband had another dog named Shady for 13 years and had to put it to sleep due due to fatal sickness. We can't say Shady without thinking of the other beloved pet. I don't want to confuse him so we have been tossing out things that sound similiar to Shady like Speedy, Shorty and Shaggy. Our smallest jack russell (10 pounds) is named Scrappy Doo and the two play together so we will probably end up calling him Shaggy. Unless he objects, that is. It doesn't sound like such a regal little dog but unless we come up with another idea I guess it will do.

Wow! I've written a book. Nice to meet y'all.

Angie
Barkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!