View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 03:52 AM   #3
lksdolls
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims822257
I have a 4 month old yorkie and he is such a picky eatter. I feel like since i have brought him home all i think about is what can i do today to get him to eat all his food. I am currently feeding him boiled chicken and rice but every now and than he does not like that so i try something else. I have tried Royal Canine, Nutro Lamb and Rice, all the wet puppy foods but he will not eat much of them. He is a small guy so i am wanting to make sure i am feeding him plenty of food. The breeder said i should be feeding him 4 times a day which i have not since he barely eats 3 times a day. I now feed him 3 times but he barely eats anything at lunch time and never finishes his breakfast or dinner. My question i guess is how much do you think i should be giving him and how often at his age now? Also is it okay if he gets chicken and rice and just not even fuss with the dog food? I am just worried about him since he is such a picky eatter! Thanks for your help.
It seems like we have puppies most of the time so I keep food and water in their dishes all the time. Tucker who at 11 pounds didn't get that way from over-eating, they like to snack at their food. They eat when they're hungry and tend to not over eat or eat too fast when the food is available all the time. You didn't say how long you've had him and only that he's a little guy. If he's small and at only 4 months, he's probably a small eater to begin with. If you haven't had him very long, he may still be adjusting being away from his litter mates. I wouldn't put too much food out for him at a time and keep an eye on how much he's eating, but I would make sure there was always food in his dish for a while. I wouldn't worry to much about it just yet, he's probably more of a small portion eater rather than picky. I used to try and trick our dogs into eating by mixing canned with dry, and I mean really mixing it up. They would pick out the canned and leave the dry. Now they only get canned food when they aren't feeling up to par, or I give it to my new moms as a treat.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!