View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 01:09 AM   #1
chibiboy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Desperate for advice...

Hi everyone,

I have posted a couple of days ago anticipating my new Yorkie's arrival. Well he has arrived and he's absolutely the cutest. He had diarrhea which I didn't think much off since its the stress of the new home and all but he was pretty active, very energetic and inquisitive if his surroundings which made me think nothing of it. He was very picky eating though, (I fed him Eukanuba samll puppy chow) and he really hadn't eaten much since he arrived.

The first visit to vet was 2 days ago and he wasn't dewormed yet because according to the vet he had diarrhea but I was given KAPTIN to help it stop and bring him back in a week.

Well it kept getting worse and he also wouldn't stop rubbing his little tushy across the floor so I jumped to this forum looking for answers. I read that he may need his anal glands to be expressed so I rushed him to the vet today where it was done a couple of hours ago but it has reached a point now where its not even diarrhea it just explosive stinky clear mucus so stinky it gave me a migraine!! I was even mistaking it for pee. Luckily it happened at the hospital so after examining a sample the vet ruled out any major baterial infections and gave him an injection of antibiotics and gave me some pills to give to him over a period of four days and to feed him boiled rice.

I am cooking the rice right now but i was wondering if anyone has come across this before.. I know I may seem like the neurotic new mommy but I just want a healthy puppy again hes getting more and more lethargic.
chibiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!