View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #12
goldenray
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0721
Hiya, my Gizmo appears to have only one descended testicle at the time.. he is almost 9 months old...my Madeline is coming closer to her 6 month range and I am worried about Gizmo getting her pregnant, vet reccomended I wait at least til Gizmo is 1 yr to get him fixed (to see if the other one falls by alone) but I was wondering if he can still get her pregnant... he tries to hump her but she won't let herself...... I am hoping & praying that he cannot since I don't want them to have puppies but I thought I would educate myself first before assuming ...thanks guys!
Yes he can get a girl pregnant. Females can come in as early as your young girl is but it's not common. Thankfully.

I don't understand your vet's reasoning for waiting on this male to drop the other testicle. It's totally uneccessary. All that is different is that he goes into the abdomen to collect the testicle on that side. No big deal at all. All he's doing is allowing the hormones to get into the dog's system which could start a marking problem There is absolutely no reason that he can not immediately neuter that guy for you. He is getting way too many stud dog tendencies now with the humping. He's already frustrated and delaying is not right for him. Good luck.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!